- Austin Spurs’ Head Coach McDonald signs contract extension
- Alumnus Watch: Jonathon Simmons named MVP of 2015 Summer League Championship Game
- Austin Spurs Alum Kyle Anderson named 2015 NBA Summer League MVP
- Some Austin Flavor In The All NBA D-League Teams
- Spurs Fall Short, Warriors Advance To D-League Finals
Toros to host Season of Giving game
- Updated: December 17, 2013
Austin, Texas — Central Texas Ability Sports and the Josh Howard Foundation are partnering with the Austin Toros to host the annual Season of Giving game on Dec. 21 at the Cedar Park Center.
The Toros and the Josh Howard Foundation will host a toy scramble for several hundred families, prior to the 7:30 p.m. tip off against the Delaware 87ers. Santa Claus will make a guest appearance, too.
“I’m really excited about the Season of Giving game,” Howard said. “I feel blessed to be able to give back to the community through my foundation and through my team’s activities.”
Central Texas Ability Sports youth is distributing stuffed animals to the first 300 children arriving at the Cedar Park Center. CTX provides free year round sports for children with disabilities and their siblings.
“CTX Ability Sports takes pride in teaching their children with disabilities to serve the community no matter what their abilities might be,” CTX Executive Director John Lorek said. “We teach life skills through sports.”
The NBA, WNBA and NBA-D-League utilize the annual “Season of Giving” to promote the importance of giving back to the community. Partners and local volunteers join players and coaches to host meal services, food and toy drives.