- Austin Spurs’ Head Coach McDonald signs contract extension
- Alumnus Watch: Jonathon Simmons named MVP of 2015 Summer League Championship Game
- Austin Spurs Alum Kyle Anderson named 2015 NBA Summer League MVP
- Some Austin Flavor In The All NBA D-League Teams
- Spurs Fall Short, Warriors Advance To D-League Finals
Spurs recall De Colo, Thomas
- Updated: December 31, 2013
Austin, Texas — The San Antonio Spurs have recalled Nando De Colo and Malcolm Thomas from the Austin Toros after their one-game stints against the Tulsa 66ers.
Thomas did not score in the Toros’ 96-93 victory, and De Colo tallied 10 points, four rebounds and three assists, pedestrian numbers for De Colo, who has blitzed his D-League opponents to the tune of 25.5 points, 6.5 rebounds, 6.5 assists and 3.3 steals in four games this seasons.
Thomas is averaging 15.3 points, 8.3 rebounds, 2.8 assists and 3.3 blocks in four games.
The Spurs will presumably continue this trend — sending De Colo and Thomas to the Toros for a D-League tune up, when Austin is at home — since De Colo and Thomas have combined for just 80 NBA minutes this season, and the Spurs do not have any players they can excise from the rotation, at the moment, to free minutes for them.