- Austin Spurs’ Head Coach McDonald signs contract extension
- Alumnus Watch: Jonathon Simmons named MVP of 2015 Summer League Championship Game
- Austin Spurs Alum Kyle Anderson named 2015 NBA Summer League MVP
- Some Austin Flavor In The All NBA D-League Teams
- Spurs Fall Short, Warriors Advance To D-League Finals
Toros trade Beal
- Updated: March 1, 2011
The Austin Toros will be one player short when they play the Texas Legends tomorrow at the Cedar Park Center. Unfortunately for the Toros, that player won’t be coming back.
Yesterday, the Toros traded rookie Jermaine Beal to the Erie Bayhawks as part of a three-team deal that will net them a third round selection in the 2011 D-League Draft. The Bayhawks had been looking for a point guard after losing Garrett Temple to a call-up with the Milwaukee Bucks.
While the 6-3 guard averaged 6.9 points and 2.2 assists in 18.6 minutes per game this season, he had been on a bit of a tear throughout the month of February.
In three games against the RGV Vipers, Beal averaged 12 points and 2.6 assists without exceeding his normal playing time.
The trade leaves the Toros without a backup point guard, so either a signing is coming in the near future or coach Brad Jones will be giving Aubrey Coleman some backup point guard minutes to spell Squeaky Johnson.