- Austin Spurs’ Head Coach McDonald signs contract extension
- Alumnus Watch: Jonathon Simmons named MVP of 2015 Summer League Championship Game
- Austin Spurs Alum Kyle Anderson named 2015 NBA Summer League MVP
- Some Austin Flavor In The All NBA D-League Teams
- Spurs Fall Short, Warriors Advance To D-League Finals
Toros take down the Skyforce
- Updated: March 6, 2011
The Austin Toros (17-22) beat the Sioux Falls Skyforce (7-30) 115-96 today at the Cedar Park Center in a much-needed win to stay within reach of the final playoff spot in the D-League. Not to mention getting a win after two crushing losses in the past week.
Early in the game, the Toros used a 16-4 run on the Sky Force and they never looked back. The Toros had six players with double-digit scoring and were led by Leo Lyons with 29 points who carried the Toros on his shoulder in the fourth quarter with 10 points. Austin’s Marcus Cousin grabbed 10 rebounds and Carldell “Squeaky” Johnson had 8 assists.
The Sky Force went on a 6-0 run to try to close the gap in the third quarter but the Toros held them off by not relinquishing their lead which was as big as 20 points. David Bailey led the Skyforce with 18 points and 7 rebounds.
The Toros will next face the Texas Legends Friday at 7 PM.