- Austin Spurs’ Head Coach McDonald signs contract extension
- Alumnus Watch: Jonathon Simmons named MVP of 2015 Summer League Championship Game
- Austin Spurs Alum Kyle Anderson named 2015 NBA Summer League MVP
- Some Austin Flavor In The All NBA D-League Teams
- Spurs Fall Short, Warriors Advance To D-League Finals
Spurs’ rookie heading to Austin
- Updated: January 17, 2011
San Antonio Spurs’ rookie James Anderson will likely head to the Austin Toros to rehab his foot injury by the end of the week reports Express News’ Tim Griffin:
Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said that No. 1 draft pick James Anderson will likely play in the NBA’s Developmental League by the end of the week as he recovers from a stress fracture in his right foot.
Popovich said that Anderson’s rehabilitation will be stepped up this week.
“This coming week, he’ll be going one-on-one, two-on-two, three-on-three,” Popovich said. “He’ll have his first contact and towards the end of the week he’ll be headed to the D-League.”