- Austin Spurs’ Head Coach McDonald signs contract extension
- Alumnus Watch: Jonathon Simmons named MVP of 2015 Summer League Championship Game
- Austin Spurs Alum Kyle Anderson named 2015 NBA Summer League MVP
- Some Austin Flavor In The All NBA D-League Teams
- Spurs Fall Short, Warriors Advance To D-League Finals
Toros Begin Season on the Road
- Updated: November 19, 2010
The Austin Toros tip the season off tomorrow night on the road against the Maine Red Claws. In their season openers, the Toros are (2-3) but have only lost one game when starting the season on the road.
Since last Friday the training camp has been slimmed down to 12 after five players were cut (Shagari Alleyne, Casaan Breedon, Scooter McFadgon, Cory Underwood, and Josh Young). Oddly enough, Alleyne (7-3) was the only true Center who participated in training camp.
Here at Toros Nation we’ve been trying to guess who Coach Jones will decide to put in his starting lineup. It is 99.98% sure that Marcus Cousin will take the 5 spot as the tallest guy on the team at 6-11. Odds are looking good that Dominique Archie and Lance Thomas (1st and 2nd round picks) will join Cousin.
Which guards will be present on the paint when the game starts?
That’s where we’ve gotten stuck; however, we have narrowed it down to a few choices. Those choices include Lewis Clinch, Thomas Gardner, Kevin Palmer, or Squeaky Johnson. I know you’re probably thinking Squeaky Johnson? Really? It has been previously mentioned on Toros Nation that Squeaky has ample experience including an average of 11 points last season off the bench.
If you were in charge of setting the lineup who would you like to see in your starting five?